Monday, March 26, 2012

Game Stop Review

I don't understand why people hate on this place at all. I notice quite a few reviews that dock the business for games that were sold out and unavailable or other things out of the staffer's control. I realize we're all playing video games here but hell... grow up folks! Sure, at first I was a little peeved at their old trade-in policy but that had nothing to do with the staff who were just doing their job.

After a while, and numerous trips there, it's gotten to the point where if I come to the counter with a game that'll likely end up back on their shelves within a week, they let me know so I don't waste my time. In a nutshell, if you frequent there enough, the staffers will get a feel for your gaming habits and preferences, which is nice.

Midnight launch events at this location are normally great fun with most of the customers using it as a chance to meet other gamers. Staffers ensure that when zero hour does hit, you can get in and out with your copy as soon as possible so you can play it just as quickly. They even do swag giveaways and NOS energy drink reps are commonplace at these events, giving out lots of energy drinks.

151 Powell St
(between Ellis St & Ofarrell St)
San Francisco, CA 94102
Neighborhoods: Union Square, Civic Center/Tenderloin
(415) 362-7601

No comments:

Post a Comment